From getting into college to getting a job, leadership and volunteer experience is a requirement for getting ahead. Fayetteville Public Library is proud to offer the following volunteer experiences to teens:
TAB: Teen Advisory Board
You plan it – you enjoy it! If you’re in grade 6-12 and want a voice in planning programs and events for teens, join TAB. It’s the perfect opportunity to meet and make friends, learn and exercise new skills, start a great résumé, and have fun!
The A-Z of TAB
Alongside a Youth Services librarian, you will:
- Attend monthly TAB meetings.
- Be an active liaison between your school librarian and the teen librarians at FPL.
- Chat up your friends and classmates for their ideas, then plan and lead teen programs and events they will love.
- Help promote and publicize teen programs and events.
- Recommend books, mags, and media to improve FPL’s collections for teens, plus review what’s already on the shelf.
- Recruit! Recruit! Recruit!
- Help make FPL one the best libraries in the US.
The benefits are great too!
- Accrue community service hours for your résumé.
- Exercise your love of literature and reading.
- Gain leadership and teamwork experience.
- Greater access to FPL personnel, our special events, and guests.
- Zero to hero status as you help expand opportunities for other teens in northwest Arkansas.
Join TAB Now – It’s Easy!
Teen Advisory Board Application [PDF]
Teen Advisory Board meets the first and third Wednesdays of every month at 4:30 p.m.
Fayetteville Public Library is always looking for new volunteers to help us with everything from cleaning and shelving DVDs to helping with programming. Build skills and meet new people as a regular volunteer. All volunteers will be screened prior to working at FPL. To apply, fill out this application and bring it to FPL.